Ingredients (Serves 4)
|Block-shaped konjac (Ita-konjac)
|Wheat flour and panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
|Salt and pepper
- Cut the block of konjac into 1 cm thick slices and place them in a plastic bag. Add sugar and massage for a few minutes.
- Remove them from the bag and rinse with water.
- Blot the konjac slices dry on a paper towel and place them in a bowl.
- Separate the eggs into whites and yolks. Beat the egg whites. Take 2 tsp of the egg whites and add them to the bowl. Season the konjac slices with salt and pepper, and mix by massaging well.
- Dredge the konjac slices with wheat flour, then dip them in remaining egg mixture and coat with panko. Deep fry in heated oil.
- Remove from pan when golden brown. Serve with warmed tonkatsu sauce.
Other konjac recipes