Ingredients (Serves 4)
|Block-shaped konjac (Ita-konjac)
|Red or yellow bell peppers
|Vegetable oil, butter
|Soy sauce, red wine
- Rinse konjac and sprinkle some salt on top. Wrap the konjac in a paper towel, place a weight (about 3 kg) on top and leave for 3 hours to overnight.
- Chop garlic, onion and bell peppers. Sauté lightly in vegetable oil.
- Add soy sauce and red wine. Cook off the alcohol and place on a plate.
- Blot the pressed knojac and slice it into 4 pieces. Make shallow, diagonal cuts on one side in both directions to create a diamond pattern.
- Pour a generous amount of vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat over a low flame. Sauté garlic slices until slightly golden, then remove and drain on a paper towel.
- In the garlic-infused oil, pan fry the konjac with the scored side down. Turn it over and cook until both sides turn brown and crispy.
- Wipe up the excess oil from the pan and add soy sauce, red wine and butter. Cook for about a minute on a high flame and coat both sides of the konjac pieces with the sauce.
- Place the konjac on a plate and garnish with the onions, bell pepper and fried garlic slices. Sprinkle some ground black pepper. Squeeze some lemon juice on top right before serving.
Other konjac recipes